Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something savory.

I tried making Scotch Eggs yesterday.  I didn't want to deep fry them, which seems to be the usual way to prepare them, so I found a recipe to bake them.  I dont' know if I would take that route again.  I just mixed up a batch of hamburgers and saved some of the meat to do the eggs.  I wraped them, put them in a baking dish and baked at 350 for 45 mins.  The meat shrank and exposed the eggs!  Still yummy though and that's what we're having for supper tonight. 

And what does one eat with Scotch eggs???  Some potato dish??  Well I'm having rice.  I'd eat rice with every meal if the rest of my family would go along with it.  I think H might since he asks for rice whenever we go out to eat!

I bought flour the other day so I should be getting back into a baking routine soon...or at least soon after we're back from vacation.  I'll be visiting Aunt J who has some laying hens and I'm going to try to bake something with her fresh eggs. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment