Friday, October 7, 2011

Thanksgiving, apple picking, family, friends, and great times.

Thanksgiving is this weekend in Canada and I can't wait.  I've got family visiting for the weekend and it's going to be nice to catch up and spend some quality time together. 

Last weekend I spent the weekend with an old friend and we took the kids to pick some apples (in the rain) so we'll be using those to make some yummy deserts with Aunt L over the next few days.

My 15 lb turkey is in the fridge thawing, my ham is ready to be cooked, and I've got enough sweet potatoes to choke a horse.  I just need to pick up a few odds and ends and we're all set for a weekend of pigging out. 

The weather is supposed to clear up and get warmer again for a few days.  I'm ready for the rain/hail to stop for a little while so we can spend some time outside playing and cleaning up.  The sun is trying really hard to shine this afternoon and I feel like a lazy animal drawn to the warm floor by the living room window.

So a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating this weekend.  I hope you are surrounded by family, friends, good food, and lots of love!


***any apple recipes would be appreciated so we can try out something new***

No comments:

Post a Comment