Friday, October 28, 2011

Fresh corn tortillas

Z helped me make some fresh corn tortillas yesterday.  What a huge hit!!!!!  and so easy to make (once I found the right ingredient to start with).  I finally found a product called Maseca which is basically a masa mix.  All we had to do was add water and mix for a bit, press, fry, and ENJOY!

This is what the bag looks like, and it will do tons and tons of recipes.  2C of mix makes about 16 6' tortillas.

  Their web site has lots of recipes on there as well so I'll be checking out a few of them over the next week or so.  Maybe Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary dinner will be Mexican instead of steak.

It had the consistency of playdough so it was super fun for Z to kneed and of course rolling any kind of dough into balls and smooshing it is a kids dream.

We had the tortillas with some sausage and peppers, which was super easy, and supper was scrumptious.

Now I have to research tortilla presses to figure out which one I want, and I'll be looking for a cast iron tortilla pan as well.  Good thing my birthday and Christmas are soon.  I  might just have to wait until Mothers Day for some new bread pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment