Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween and Birthdays

Halloween is coming faster than I want it to so it's time for me to get in gear and finish costumes and figure out what we're doing for treats.

The girls wanted treat bags to bring into school for their classes so here's what I came up with as a treat bag topper.  (I know, I got the colors in the wrong order to resemble candy corn but still very cute).  I'll attach them to a baggie filled with some goodies.

Frankenstein's monster for boys and witches for girls.

H's costume was very easy this year.  We were at Winners (love that place) and he said he wanted to be a monster.  Well there just happened to be a dragon costume right next to me and he loved it.  Super cute!!!!!

Z wants to be Cinderella so we're going shopping for a blue ballgown this week.  She has her tiara from the wedding this summer and some fancy shoes already.

M wants to be a vampire and will need a cape and white blouse so that's easy enough.

Right after Halloween, the day after in fact, our birthday marathon starts.  I waddled around the  neighborhood Halloween night three years ago wondering when this little miracle was going to make his debut.  He decided the next day would be the perfect time.  Then comes M on the 10th, me on the 12th, and Z rounds it all out on the 24th.

*****In the event that I forget, happy birthday L, J, and poppy O in NL, M, B, J, N in NS; happy anniversary A and M in Lab, and K and A in NS.*****

Aside from the usual cake on the actual birthday and family gifts, we're going to have one big party for the three kids on the same day.  Lots of kids in the house, all the festivities out of the way, and I only have to worry about the house for one day.  It'll be fun!

I'm thinking about doing some cakepops as treats and got my inspiration from Bakerella.  I love all the cute ideas.  I might do some icecream cakepops but we'll see.  It will be great for the kids to help me. 

That's it for now.  I'm off to bed after a super busy day.  Some pics of our fall welcome display later on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment