Friday, October 8, 2010

What's your favorite brownie recipe?

I have to say that my absolute favorite brownie recipe is on the the Fry's coco tin.  My mom always made those for us and the chewy ones on the outside were too irresistible and I had to grab one of those first.  Add some walnuts to the batter and eat it with a glass of ice cold milk and I think I was in heaven.  I think it's a pretty hard recipe to screw up too.

I'm planning on making these either tonight before I go to bed or after the holiday weekend but either way, here's the recipe if you don't have it already.  Might turn out to be desert for Thanksgiving this weekend.  Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating this weekend.

Fry's Fudgy Brownies

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup Fry's Cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts

Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.  Melt butter in a large saucepan.  Remove from heat.  Stir in cocoa.  Blend in sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Blend in dry ingredients and nuts.  Pour batter into greased 13x9x2-inch rectangular baking pan.  Bake in preheated 350F oven 30-35 minutes or until done.  Cool.

I'm also going to try to post some of the recipes for other things I've baked lately.  Right now I have another blueberry apple cake in the oven, an apple cake ready to go, and some bread dough rising for something yummy later on.  It's a cold rainy fall day and I'm in a baking mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment