Sunday, December 12, 2010

Such a busy time of year.

Aside from getting the house ready for showings with realtors, I'm trying to get ready for Christmas.  Unfortunately that hasn't included too much baking lately.  I did pick up some stuff to get shortbread made and that's my plan for this week so I'm hoping to get some posting done on that and have some nice pictures.

We did manage to get out this morning and find our Christmas tree.  We go to the same u-cut every year and we love it.  I would buy it if we could afford it since the owners want to retire but a new house is a little more urgent than a tree lot so I'll have to wait until we win the lottery some day. 

The kids all took turns cutting the tree and they dragged it out of the woods to the truck.  Then we had a little lunch and some hot chocolate right there in the tree lot.  It was great!  I can't wait until we have our decorating party. We're thinking of having an ugly sweater party so that should be a lot of fun.

So I hope you are all having a great holiday season, whatever holiday you might be celebrating.  And if you're not celebrating any particular holiday I hope you're enjoying winter and baking up something yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment